Social Icons

1.4.11

NCAA Final Four

So we are winding down March Madness, should we call it April Madness? Name is irrelevant, the fact is we have gotten a awesome NCAA Tournament for the last couple of week. Before I get deep into the topic, let me state that I have the 68 team field, those 4 previous games are absolute crap and no one gave two chunks of monkey crap for them.

Being from SoCal I've been rooting for SDSU who got to the Sweet Sixteen until they were ousted by UConn, there went my pick for National Champion, still we got their best performance ever in the tourney. Speaking of the Huskies they are still alive and well playing in the Final Four against Kentucky. This seems to be better game, at least on paper, of the 2 semifinals. On one hand UConn has been playing amazingly well, winning -I believe- 9 games in 19 days which is nothing short of impressive, along with the fact that they have such a young and inexperienced team; and on the other hand we have Kentucky who is just solid and has some great coaching by John Calipari. Most betting houses have the Wildcats a 2.5 point favorite, personally I'll pick UConn to win a pretty tight game that will not disappoint.

The other game, which actually comes before (6:09pm EST), pits Butler vs VCU in a battle of a couple of underdogs. VCU who many "experts" believe shouldn't have been in the tournament (don't really share an opinion if a team should or shouldn't have been, I focus on how teams have played the last 2 weeks) but they have won their way to this point and there is no denying they deserve to be here. Butler, still called an underdog, but who is actually looking to return to the Title game which they nearly won on a last second shot by, now Utah Jazz player, Gordon Heywood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDjUob6LRqU&feature=related), so I can't call the real underdogs. In this matchup Butler clearly has the experience advantage along with having a better team. Betting sites have Butler a 3 point favorite, and I am going to have to go with them and pick Butler to win and advance to the title game.

If my predictions were to be correct we would have a Butler vs UConn title game and my money would be on UConn to win it all, but that is a topic I'll touch upon in my next blog on Sunday Morning.

All in all, I hope we get some great games tomorrow live from Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas (that is a beautiful stadium by the way), hope the crowd is really hot and we see some high quality basketball.

Editors note: the Women's Final Four is also going on this weekend. Semifinals will be played Sunday and I'm picking my Alma Mater Stanford to win along with UConn. The title game would clearly pit the 2 best teams in recent memory and the result is something I would not dare to try and predict as it will clearly be a tug-of-war -still hoping Stanford gets it done-.

For now, all I can say is enjoy the games and if you don't have access to CBS you can watch them online at this link http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/2010-12-19/ncaa-march-madness-demand. Enjoy

Mr Khakbaz out!

No comments:

Post a Comment